March 25: Departure for Shanghai
March 26: Arrival in Shanghai. Activities in Shanghai arranged by the Shanghai Education Association for International Exchange.
March 27: Activities in Shanghai arranged by the Shanghai Education Association for International Exchange.
March 28: Departure for and arrival in Chongqing.
March 28: Hotel check-in and visit the General Joseph Stilwell Museum
March 29: Ciqikou Ancient Street
- Visit Three Gorges Museum
- Visit to Hongyadong Culture Center. Traditional
- Sichuan hotpot and watch traditional performance
March 30: Children’s Palace
- Visit to Hu Guang Guild Hall and downtown vehicle-free streets
- Evening cruise on the Yangtze
March 31: Visit to a village in Dadukou District (farmland, farm home and village school.
- Visit to NO. 94 Middle School
April 1: Dazu County and visit to Dazu Stone Carvings
April 2: Visit to Min River and Giant Buddha of Leshan
- To Chengdu by bus
- Dujiangyan Irrigation Project (Li Bing was the architect of this project.)
April 3: Panda Breeding and Feeding Center
April 4: Depart for Jinan
- April 5- April 11: Among the activities will be:
- Visit to the Three Kongs (Confucius Mansion, Confucius Temple and Confucius Forest
- Visit to Confucius’ birthplace at Ni Shan.
- Visit to a rural village
- An afternoon in downtown Qufu
- Three performances to be determined
- Workshops on Calligraphy, Chinese Painting, Folk Singing and traditional Chinese instruments.
- Interaction with Chinese Middle School studentsat the Attached
- Middle School of Qufu Normal University
- Visit to Mt. Tai, one of China’s five sacred mountains.
- Visit to the Yellow River Bridge outside of Jinan
- Jining Teachers College
April 5: Qufu
April 6: Qufu
April 7: Qufu: Visit Affiliated School of QNU; Visit Temple of Confucius, Kong Mansion, and Confucius Forest
April 8: Qufu: Lecture on Chinese painting and calligraphy and a visit to Ni Hill -- birthplace of Confucius.
April 9: Qufu: Visit JiNing College, Joint performance with college students
April 10: Qufu: Rizhao campus of QNU, “seashore playing” in the afternoon. Farewell Banquet in the evening.
April 11: Qufu: Chinese instrument lecture. Rehearsal. Final Qufu performance.
April 12: Visit Mt. Tai. Students will spend the night at a hotel in Jinan prior to our flight
April 13: Flight to Hohhot through Beijing.
- April 13 – April 22: Activities in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia will include some or all of The following:
- Performances at: The Arts College of Inner Mongolia University
- The Mongolian Nationalities College
- Inner Mongolia Normal University
- Middle School of Helin County
- Visits to: the Mongolian Kindergarten; a middle school; a high school and a university in Hohhot
- Collaboration and interaction with Chinese/Mongolian students at The Arts College.
- Visits to Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Provincial Museum, The Five Pagodas, The Muslim Quarter
- The Gobi at Singing Sands
April 14: Dazhao Lamasery and the Five Pagoda Temple. Lunch at Badawan Restaurant. Rehearsal with dance, vocal and instrumental teachers
April 15: Visit the National Primary School and the Mongolian Kindergarten of Xingcheng Street. Afternoon performance at the National Minorities College
April 16: Visit Mengniu, the largest dairy operation in North China and then a Middle School in Helin County and an afternoon performance for the Middle School
April 17: Gobi Desert
April 18: Performance at Inner Mongolian Normal University
April 20: Host family visits. Rehearsal
April 21: Last day in Hohhot. Farewell Banquet.t
April 22: Flight to Shanghai
April 23: Shopping and packing for the return home
April 24: Departure for the U.S. and arrival in Hartford at approximately 9:53 P.M.
April 25: They’re back! Thanks for the memories. (Plus: answers to quiz)
Answers to the Quiz