Answers to the Journey East 2008 Quiz
- Shanghai, Chongqing, Qufu, Beijing, Hohhot
- China 12 hours ahead
- Hu. Nickname is Shen.
- 2008 Summer Olympic Games
- Carol Bailey, Vera Gervais, and Kurt Tietz
- Approximately 14 hours
- Yellow Sea, Rizhao.
- The General Stillwell Museum
- Han (92%)
- Dr, Juefei Wang
- Cassidy, Bo, Maggie, Graham, Sarah, Victoria, Shelby, Alyssa, Greg, Landis, Amanda, Tyler, Lena, Taylor, Jake, Rachael, Audrey, August, Eliza, Lauren, Sarah, Melissa, and Michaela.
- Chinese “fondue,” or stew cooked at the table.
- Approximately 1,000. If you guessed between 950 and 1,50 you get this right!
- The Year of the Rat
- Yellow Sea. Yellow, due to the yellow-ish sand from the Yellow River.
- Some say Confucius, others say Napolean Bonaparte.
- Blue City.
- A wedding reception.
- Three Gorges Museum, Children’s palace, Yangtze River, Dazu Stone Carvings, Giant Buddha, Dujiangyan Irrigation Project, Panda Breeding Center..
- Kanding Love Song
- 233 feet tall.
- Two hum camels are found in Asia (one hump camels are found in Arabia)
- The horse (a symbol of national pride for ethnic Mongolians)
- The Yangtze River
- If you actually answered this, give yourself 100,000 bonus points!
- “Country Roads”
- Ni hao
- The Singing Sands.
- Mt. Tai
- More than 7,000
- Cassidy Anderson on a camel (named Hump-hrey -- get it?) in Egypt, taken in summer ‘07.
- Hot pot, dumplings, hot peppers, angel food cake, pizza, shrimp, noodles, salad, fruit, bread, sushi, meats, rice, veggies, spaghetti, Fondue fountains of white, dark and milk chocolate; fiver different kids of ice cream with yummy toppings and whipped cream, crepes.
- A bouquet of beautiful flowers.
- Yeah, right. If you actually did this (and I’ll need to see proof), then you are totally into Journey East! Cool.
You passed. Congratulations!